Thursday, August 12, 2010

Me? A Social Scientist, Really??!!

                                           Thai mural: I remember this one it has my favourite
                                           character Hanuman the White Monkey.
                                                                  The Parthenon
If I were to become a social scientist that is, either a historian, archaeologist or a geographer my preference would be to become a historian. This appeals to me because I love history much more then I will ever like maps or digging in the dirt.This is because even as a young child I was interested history because my mum worked at a Thai museum, I would just walk around the museum (it was a converted temple) staring at murals of the legend Ramakien. I also just love leafing through books and looking through them as a window into the life and culture of someone long dead. Ever since I started to read, I read about history with my mother, even now one of my favourite books is " A Little History of the World " by Ernst Gombrich. Last but not least I would love to be a historian so that I could escape this sometimes horrible reality and go to the world of the of the Ancient Greeks where there was no man called Glenn Beck with a TV show.
     sacredsites.com                                                     This is
    thailandsworld.com                                                 AlexK
                                                                                  Signing out

No comments:

Post a Comment