Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Resolutions and other stuff

I am here to write about my New Year's resolutions. Now, I'll be straight with you, I find it pretty boring when people ramble on about themselves, so, if you wish, you can get out now or you can face me talk about myself.....
Uninterested people gone now?
Only interested people left?
Good, now I can start.


My first resolution for this wonderful New Year is to eat healthy. There are a lot of people out there who believe in eating healthy, you can just turn on the television and find whole shows full of tips about the said subject. For my entire life, I have been one of those people who has never seen the point in doing this. I mean we're gonna die anyway, right? Unfortunately, I have now come to the conclusion that in order to stay fit and continue playing the sports I love, I must maintain my health to a certain extent, which unfortunately cannot be done without a little healthy eating. In other contexts I had also come to the conclusion that to do something well I must learn to love it and then nurture this love. So I guess my real New Year's resolution, is to trick myself into liking healthy foods. I do not know how this can be done but I sure do hope it's possible.


Now I have to write a second resolution, I have decided that I must work more. My lazy attitude toward life has garnered criticism from some, but I found it an easier lifestyle choice than almost any other possible. This year will - I hope - be different. I will endeavour to work harder this year, as I would like to see what happens to my workload when I actually try, if this doesn't really improve the said workload than I will go back to my old lazy ways. Also I have decided that I would like it if my grade were to improve, I have decided that one of the ways I can achieve this is by as said above - working harder.


Now I'm going to talk about my past experiences, in my experience these stories can be interesting but usually only if the teller of the story tells you so at the beginning of the said story. Look, I just told you about a past experience so why don't you just stick around for this one.


Now I was told to write about the holidays which have just ended for me. I ran through thoughts in my head about what could possibly be interesting enough to write about, but I decided that nothing really was and that this piece of writing will be for my own sake, and not yours.









I went to Sri Lanka during the holidays in question, 
as it happens I also went to Penang, but that's not the point, 
Sri Lanka is. When in Sri Lanka we went to a place 
called Sigiriya, now Sigiriya's main claim to fame is a large rock/mountain on which a father-killing king built a palace/fortress 1600 years ago.  Tourists such as myself have fun climbing up this mountain, if your idea of fun is being 200m 
in the air on the side of a large rock with nothing to 
stop you falling to your death but a few small pieces 
of 70 year old metal. Most of the walk was 
an extremely long stone staircase the path
 to which went from about 1km away from the rock.
 I had a thrilling narrative prepared about my ascent to
 the top but on second thoughts 
I might not write it after all.






Later that day I went on a safari, now usually these things happen in Africa, but this was billed as one so I'll call it that. During this safari we stood up inside the open top jeep and were constantly forced to duck as we passed under low-hanging branches. The animals that I saw that day included elephants, lizards, buffaloes and eagles. There were quite a few elephants that hung out in large herds, eating lots and lots of plant-life. the eagles flew around and called for mates, while my "spotter" also called out just to elicit a reaction from the great birds, 


If you're still here, thanks for reading these words!


This is
AlexK
Signing out

No comments:

Post a Comment